Home / About Us


At HelpHDR we deal with clients nationally and have a team of trained agents and independent surveyors that will come out to your property anywhere in the country to assess any housing claims that you may have and provide assistance.

HelpHDR is a trading name under Marketing Chambers Limited - Company Number: 11778657


A no win no fee agreement (conditional fee agreement) enables you to make a compensation guarantee, with no financial risk to you and without paying any specialists charges forthright.

You possibly ever pay anything if your no win no fee claim is fruitful. On the off chance that your case is unsuccessful you won’t need to pay any lawful expenses – either to your own specialist or to your opponent.

How Do No Win No Fee Claims Work?

We’ll evaluate your housing disrepair claim in a free consultation meeting, and advice you on whether we think you have a case. From that point, we will examine your distinctive funding options with you. The majority of the cases we handle are on a no win no fee premise. This normally includes us taking out an insurance policy on your behalf.

There’s no monetary risk to making a no win no fee claim, subject to you following your obligations under the terms of your insurance policy. We’ll explain these completely to you toward the beginning of your case.

If you win your case, your rival will pay most of your legitimate expenses. Any legal expenses not paid by your adversary will be deducted from the compensation that you get. If your case is ineffective you will pay nothing. We won’t charge you, while your insurance policy will cover your adversary’s legal expenses and costs.

How Much Compensation Will You Receive?

There’s no fixed compensation, however we’ll do all that we can to ensure you recuperate the most maximum amount of compensation where conceivable. The compensation amount is influenced by the nature of the preparation of a case and our track record is remarkable.

Your compensation will be determined utilizing expert evidence that we assemble. The sum will rely upon variables, such as,

  • How genuine your damage or housing disrepair case is
  • How your life has been affected by the housing disrepair damage
  • How much cash you’ve lost or will lose as an outcome (for example loss of furniture, and other items costs)
  • Master hardware and adjustments you may require

We specialize in the following types of housing disrepair claims: –

  • Pests and Vermin Infestations
  • Mould, Fungus or Dampness
  • Leaks, Flooding or Water Damage
  • Cracks
  • Defective Boiler
  • Defective Roofing and Gutters
  • Defective Windows and Doors
  • Defective or Dangerous Electrical Wiring


Why Choose Us?

Our housing disrepair case specialist handle a large number of no win no fee claims each year. In the course of recent years, we’ve helped our customers claim more than £3 million in compensation. Our no win no fee promise is that:

  • We’ll furnish you with free consultation advice
  • You won’t need to pay your very own penny out of your own pocket
  • There are no concealed or hidden expenses
  • There is no money related to you in the event that you are unsuccessful
  • We’ll do all that we can to recoup the maximum amount of compensation
  • We’ll work to downplay your legitimate expenses by recovering as much as possible from your opponent


What Counts as Housing Disrepair Claims in a Rented Home?

Have you reached your Landlord about fixes that should be done and still haven’t had your fixes finished?

As an occupant of any leased property from Housing Association or Council. You reserve the right to live in a sheltered and very much looked after home. Your landlord has a legitimate duty to complete fixes you have answered to them in an attractive and convenient way.

Given the possibility that you have complained about any of the repairs mentioned below that have not yet been completed, we could help you by ensuring that your landlord makes the repairs.

Unfortunately, we cannot help you if your contract is with a private landlord and not with housing association or council.

On the off chance that you have revealed any of these fixes to your landlord and they have not been finished in an auspicious way, you have the right to claim. We will guide you completely. We strictly follow ‘No Win – No Fee’.

What You Can Claim Compensation for?

  • Pests and Vermin Infestations
  • Mould, Fungus or Dampness
  • Leaks, Flooding or Water Damage
  • Cracks
  • Defective Boiler
  • Defective Roofing and Gutters
  • Defective Windows and Doors
  • Defective or Dangerous Electrical Wiring

What is Housing Disrepair Protocol?

The housing disrepair protocol alludes to the process that ought to be pursued (in England and Wales) if a tenant needs to bring a case against their landlord for not making fixes, or not doing fundamental upkeep maintenance work at their home. The point of this convention is to attempt and resolve these issues as ahead of schedule as soon as possible, avoiding a court case, if at all conceivable.

How the Housing Disrepair Protocols Procedure Work?

The standard housing disrepair protocol as a rule incorporates these stages:

  • An Early Notification Letter (ENL) – is sent by your specialists to the landowner, advising them that a claim is being made
  • A letter of case is then sent to your landlord by your solicitor – which gives all details to the landowner of the defects incorporated into the claim, full details of any harms being asserted for, any exceptional imperfections and some other paperwork and information
  • The landlord’s reaction is sent back – typically required inside 20 working days of the letter of case being received
  • Master examinations of your house are done – either a joint autonomous master, or an assessment in the meantime by a specialist speaking to each party, is masterminded to survey the house defects and the effect of this on the claimants
  • Affirmation or denial of risk is affirmed by the landlord – inside 20 working days of the expert’s report, your landowner will either concede they are to fault or choose to defend the claim from your side
  • The two sides arrive at a resolution and expenses are decided, or further legitimate action is made whether the housing disrepair protocol is questioned and stays unresolved

Types of Housing Disrepair Damages

Housing Disrepair Claim can take numerous structures. It basically alludes to any maintenance or fix issues which should (by law) be completed by your landlord, yet are not, resulting in your home getting to be hazardous or the accommodation deficient. On the off chance that, after you have detailed the issues, your landlord does not fix or resolve the issue for a continued period, you might be eligible to make a case for housing disrepair damages compensation.

Landlord Basic Repair Responsibilities for its Tenants

Your landlord, regardless of whether it’s a housing affiliation, council or privately leased home, is obliged by law to guarantee that your home:

  • House is fundamentally safe and secure
  • Access to working and safe electricity supply, gas and water supply
  • Working channels, guttering and sanitation installations like sinks, showers, and toilets
  • House is free from Vermin and Pests Infestations.
  • House is free from Defective Roofing, Leaks or Water Damage
  • House is free from Defective Boiler and heating issues
  • House is fundamentally safe from defective windows and doors
  • An occupant’s entitlement to fixes is liable to law, which implies that if a proprietor will not satisfy their duties, the inhabitant might most likely make legitimate move against them.

Pests and Vermin Infestations

Your landlord is responsible for dealing with infestations of pests and vermin if: it was caused by a disrepair issue such as a hole in the wall, your tenancy agreement says your landlord should make sure the property is fit to live in, and you live in a furnished home and the pests were there before your tenancy started.

Mould, Fungus or Dampness

It is both a landlords legal responsibility and a duty of care to their tenants to make sure their property is free of damp and mould. Living with damp and mould isn’t only miserable, it also endangers a tenant’s health.

Leaks, Flooding or Water Damage

If the landlord didn’t fulfil his duty to keep the plumbing in good order, he could be responsible for paying for any losses, which would include property damage (e.g. if the tenant’s belongings are damaged) or a heightened water bill.


Your landlord could be responsible for any cracks to the external and internal walls as this allows for damp or cold air to ingress.

Defective Roofing and Gutters

Tenants can sought damages for a defective roof/gutter causing water penetration in the property.

Defective Boiler

If you are a tenant and your boiler or heating system breaks, meaning that you have no heating or hot water, your tenants’ rights dictate that your landlord must take steps to fix the problem within a reasonable time-frame, usually 1-3 days after the issue has been reported.

Defective Windows and Doors

A council or housing association landlord is usually responsible for keeping a home in a decent condition and doing any repairs it needs. Windows and doors should be secure and work properly.

Defective or Dangerous Electrical Wiring

The landlord is responsible for any appliances that they supply within the property. That includes for instance cookers, microwaves, kettles, washing machines etc. The electrical system – i.e. the wiring in the property, all plug sockets and light fittings are also the responsibility of the landlord. All of these must be in full working order and be maintained to these standards.